What personal information do we collect
When using our site, we may collect personally identifiable information (of which we have specifically defined below) that can be used to identify your demographics, industry, preferences, site visit behavior. Such information will help us improve the content on our website.
These are information we may collect from you:
- E-mail address
- Company name
- Job title
- Telephone number
Important: Supplying any information above when prompted on any part of our site is not mandatory. Should you wish to contact us without having to provide any of the above information via our website, or to access any of our gated content that requires such information prior to downloading, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +33 185 73 1608.
We may also track non-personal information, such as website performance analytics and user behaviour data, through cookies and tracking codes — such as Facebook pixel IDs, MailChimp tracking, Weebly native analytics and Google Analytics. Such non-personal information allow us to trail anonymous user behavior so we can improve the content, design and user interface of our website and provide personalized marketing content.
- We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect non-personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. We may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by clearing your browser’s cache. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the website may not work properly.
You can always change the cookie settings according to your preferences here:
Consent for downloading gated content
Occasionally, we publish premium content — such as checklists, e-books, workshop templates and white papers — relevant to timely trends in the Information Technology industry. Prior to granting you access to them, we may request for you to optionally supply personally identifiable information. While that will help us better understand our visitors and improve our website, providing such personal information is not mandatory, and you can still access our content for free.
- Opt-ins via our website: We keep your provided information on our master database for 48 months, unless requested otherwise.
- Sign-ups for e-mail communications: Opt-ins via MailChimp will be kept on the said platform under the same conditions as above.
- Tracking data: We remove cookie data from Google Analytics after 36 months.
How we secure your information
To maintain the safety of your personal information, we implement reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to store them in our internal database, of which no other party has access. We will never sell, trade or otherwise transfer to other third-parties your personally identifiable information.
As a data processor, we recognize your individual rights as stipulated by the GDPR.
- Right of access: You may know exactly what information is held about you and how we process it.
- Right of rectification: You can have your personal data amended, corrected or updated if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: Recognizing your “right to be forgotten”, upon your explicit request we will immediately delete and remove from our system your personal information without asking for any justification.
- Right to data portability: You can retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- Right to restrict processing: You can request us to suppress processing your data.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object to your personal data being used for whatever purpose.
- Right of automated decision making and profiling: You are protected against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For instance, you can choose not to be the subject of a decision that is based on automated processing.
Links to third-party websites
Some of our website content may link to external pages beyond our domain to provide credible references and useful information to support our research. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, and we are not responsible or liable for any activity or business such websites perform. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.